Jon’s Gadget Bag – Updated!
While posting a status earlier today I did a search of JonWestfall.com and came across this post from December 2005 (The date on the post is incorrect). I figured if anyone cares, I’ll update you on what I carry on a regular basis now (Amazing how it’s changed in 7 years only in brands, not in versatility). Who knows – maybe you’ll find a new Christmas present for yourself or someone else!
The (Usual) Bag: A Pacsafe Metrosafe 300
The Roadwired bag I mentioned in 2005 still rests comfortably in my closet, however when I was working in NYC I found I needed a bag that was secure, lightweight, and versatile. The Metrosafe 300 fits that by not only having some nice security features, but by also transforming from a shoulder bag with a short strap, to an across the body bag with a long strap to a backpack (with backpack straps). Check out this awesome bag (affiliate link)
The Computer: An 11” Macbook Air (Mid-2011)
It’s small, powerful, and is comfortable to work on despite its small size. The 2005 list featured an Acer Travelmate C110 (Which I still have in storage…), however for tableting functionality I have a 3rd Gen iPad (Which I use for my lectures and work) and for reading / pleasure, an iPad Mini. All are wrapped in BookBook cases by Twelve South.
- Twelve South PlugBug, for charging the Macbook or iOS devices. Saves space. I keep 2 iOS device cables (30-pin with a 30-pin to Lightening adapter on each) in the bag as well.
- LG HBS700 Tone Bluetooth Headphones
- Square & PayPal Readers, in case I need to accept some plastic 🙂
- Some iPad Styluses, a mechanical pencil, and one of these awesome pens.
The Part Time Players
These are sometimes in my gadget bag, depending on if I need them that day…
- Panasonic Lumix camera (The link here goes to the newer version, mine’s the 12 MP model with an 8 GB Eye-fi card)
- Jabra Stone BT Headset
- LiveScribe pen and notebook (Again, the newer model is here, the one I’d love to play with!)
- LaCie Imakey or Sandisk Cruzer USB Sticks
There you have it, Jon’s 2012 “Gadget Bag”! What’s not in the bag? My daily driver phone (an iPhone 5). What’s my secondary phone these days? A sweet DROID DNA!