OK, so I’m not the most normal person in the world, but today while surfing around I think I found some people who are weirder than I.
You see there’s this service called TinyURL.com that will take insanely long URL addresses and create shortcut URLs that are easily transmitted. They also allow you to ‘pick’ your tinyURL shortcut (as long as it’s available), which results in the oddities I’ve found below. Admittedly, some of the words I tried are a bit adolescent in their use – but what others have linked them to is interesting, funny, and bizarre. Note: I did not make any of these up (Although I do have tinyurl.com/getjon set up to go to my contact page (I saved a whole 5 letters!)
So here are the interesting TinyURL addresses I’ve found today, and what they link to:
- tinyurl.com/poop = MS Exchange Server Mailbox Merge Wizard (ExMerge) (After using this tool, I will say it’s a bit archaic, but poop might be too strong a word to use for it.
- tinyurl.com/boobs = A page about Adolf Hitler
- tinyurl.com/dick = Dick Cheney’s White House Bio
- tinyurl.com/nose = drfist.com (A site no longer on the internet, so I don’t know if Dr. Fist was into punching noses or what)
- tinyurl.com/badass = A Sailor Moon Manga (Is this really Badass?)
- tinyurl.com/shit = Ratchet & Clank video game on Amazon (I guess I know what someone thought of this game…)
- tinyurl.com/pope = a VERY NSFW website with some quite explicit photos. I’m guessing His Holiness probably didn’t create this tiny URL entry.
- tinyurl.com/god = Compare Digital Cameras (Apparently photography is close to godliness)
- tinyurl.com/hat = Beethoven the movie on Amazon (Did Hats feature promanently in this flick?
So there you have it, many odd TinyUrls!